Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's been a while

Life intrudes: How to keep the focus on writing something so intense when there's a job to go to, a book to edit, a committee to meet? So things get slowed down.
I'm working on posting a project on Kickstarter.com, which should be up and running very soon. It's an effort to raise money so that the aforementioned interruptions can be lessened a bit, if not totally, by obtaining some financial support for the writing.
Part of this has been forcing me to think about marketing well in advance of when I should be considering it. But the Kickstarter.com project requires one to summarize your project and present it in a short but inspiring way. I hooked up with a wonderful graphic designer who created a "morphing man" animation that demonstrates how your average Joe can be transformed into Jose and then Jihad. Her name is Karin Samatis and you'll be able to check this out when the project goes live. Which I will, naturally, announce here.
I'm writing much more about Raoul lately, getting deeper into his character and the minds of the terrorists. It's not an easy place to go, believe me. It was much more fun having Clara cavort through Jerome and New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment